Organisations who package, consign, load and carry dangerous goods by road must appoint a Dangerous Goods Safety Advisor (DGSA).
What should your DGSA do for you?
The purpose of the DGSA is to advise the undertaking in and monitor the compliance with the carriage of dangerous goods, prepare an annual report to the undertaking and ensure that all specified procedures are in place and adhered to.
- External DGSA Appointment: we act as your safety advisor
- Dangerous Goods Consultancy, covering transport by road
- Health check visits to ensure that you are aware of the rules regarding products you are manufacturing or transporting
- Compliance visits and legislation updates
- On-site, telephone and email support as required, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Incident investigation
- Advice on packaging, training, ADR and vehicle requirements
- Training for packers, consignors, loaders, off-loaders and transport office staff.
- To provide you with an annual DGSA Compliance Performance Report for the transport of dangerous goods - a legal requirement in ADR for any undertaking working with dangerous goods.
- The provision of site security plans and training
- Quality assurance to ensure that your in-house DGSA is up to date